BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 27, 2011

I wonder if I could....

Well I decided to post while I wait for this horrible storm thats heading in to pass. J and I are waiting it out until its past the danger zone, then going to bed.
Tonight I began the thought process behind starting my own little side project for some extra money. I was looking at all the nail designs I have come up with and I was remembering all the various compliments I have gotten on them since I started doing my own designs. I got to thinking how nail art is very much in style right now and how much women pay for a stylish well done nail job. I am by no means interested in becoming a "nail tech" because I don't think I have the patience for the acrylic, but I love doing the paint and design aspect.
This thought led me to the idea of doing nails for some money at home. Referral only clients (because lets face it you can't just let anyone into your house these days). I was thinking what would I need to get started? Then I looked into some more intricate designs online and realized I have most what I need...except for a few inexpensive tools/brushes. I decided that I will begin trying out some new designs and post the pictures to FB in effort to generate interest and see where that leads.
I also began to think that instead of just taking the money I earn doing this little project (if any) I will save it up for a family vacation, or something special along those lines. I figure if I take appointments once a week to start off, at least until there is a bigger interest, and charge $10-$15 per set (pending on how much work they want done) that will give me a good starting point to see where the demand is and how well I can fill it. If nothing else it will give me a little joy in putting my art on peoples hands. I also figure that if I have other people's nails to do my own nails wouldn't get so much attention, and therefore would get a little rest. I love painting so much now (and the thrill of coming up with new ideas) that I have started painting my own almost every day just so I can keep using my ideas. This is not a good thing for a couple reasons. First off my nail designs are my art work...and its hard to say goodbye to my art even if its to make room for another masterpiece. Second, this much attention from chemicals is actually not great for your nails. They get dry and therefore don't hold onto the polish as well as they should. (Note: I;m currently in search of an adequate cure for this issue and am trying out a few basecoats with moisture in them. Will let you know how that goes and what works best)
Right now all this is just a bunch of ideas in my head floating around while I wait for this stupid storm to hit us as hard as they say its going to. Speaking of the storm I better shut down and disconnect before it hits. Night all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have this little blog thingy, while I understood most of the reasoning behind the nail stuff, I didn't know it all. I like how u put ur ideas in writing, I can actually "hear" you speaking, which is nice. :-)

Anonymous said...

Btw... I posted a long response to ur latest blog and I'm pretty sure it didn't save and that makes me very angry bc it was really heart felt, dang it!!!!