BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 3, 2011

Summer at Last!!!

Well Summer vacation has started up finally. I have been so looking forward to these 3 months for a while now. G had her first week of summer vacation this week and it went okay. The only problem we ran into was the girls were spending so much time together that they got tired of each other. I am working on how to best alleviate that issue for the summer, but I am not sure I know what the best way is. Still working on that.
We had A's 3rd birthday party on the 28th of May and a lot of the gifts were outdoor themed so that
was exciting for them. I got her a splash pool for home with a little slide attached and some water squirting toys to go with it. We spent all day Monday and Tuesday outside playing with that stuff. They LOVED THAT, but then come Wednesday we had to take a break because mommy was burnt. I am hoping to get season passes to the local water park for the 3 of us, but its going to have to wait temporarily until we can get a few things caught up first. I know we will use the pass enough to make it worth spending the money tho, so I don't mind paying for them. We are also (hopefully) going to take the girls to 6Flags this year. A is finally old enough to ride a few of  the rides, plus the little toon town is perfect for her. G is a brave little toaster and is eager to try some of the bigger rides also. I REALLY hope she loves roller coasters like I do since my loving hubby hates them lol. I have a feeling that A will love those when she is old enough, because she loves being tossed around by daddy and spun all over the place. Another activity I'm hoping to get to sooner rather than later is the zoo. I know this sounds HORRIBLE but I have never taken G to the zoo myself. She has always ended up going with her dad or their family before we had a chance to go. BUT now that A is old enough to enjoy it, we are going to make it happen and I can't wait to see how that goes. A loves animals so much, and G loves being the big sister and telling her all she knows about everything. That will be a great day.
 I am also now aware of a business trip J's work is sending him on in Aug. They are going to New Orleans for a safety conference and are going to let me fly out with him. Its a week of paid accommodation for us, his meals are paid for and all we are paying for is my food, and the fun stuff. I am so excited! My main worry about all this is the fact that I will have to spend those days away from the girls. Normally a few days off wouldn't bother me, but the dates are concerning me. Its late in Aug and that means school will be started. A starts pre K and G will be in 1st. I know G will be up and running right away, because its nothing new to her but a teacher...A on the other hand I don't know what to excpect. She will be in her new class at the daycare starting this Mon (June 6) and by Aug will be accustomed to the teacher and surroundings...BUT she will begin going 5 days a week when school officially starts. As of now she goes once maybe twice a week, for the whole day. I don't know how she is going to react to the idea of being gone everyday. I really want to believe that since its a shorter day, she will LOVE it and we won't have a problem. I have a feeling this will be the case, mainly because she asks to go to "school" (daycare) almost everyday that G goes. While on our trip whoever cares for them will stay quite busy and I'm not sure how it will all go just yet. But we have a few months to plan that out and until then we are just going to enjoy my favorite season as much as we
can!!

0 comments: