BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Does %&*! ever stop hitting the fan???

I don't know what to write about today. I had a busy day taking the girls to a movie with little friends of theirs and their mom aswell. We went to lunch afterwards and then home for naptime. Once A woke up, we took G to her dad's house and I decided to go get my dad and take him to dinner. He's not doing well lately. I am really worried about his state of mind. My sister and I have tried to spend time over there with him more this week. His pool is open so thats an excuse to go without looking like overprotective daughters. He's so distraught about this whole thing with my mom and I don't have any more words to help him. So I went and picked him up, and we went to Applebees for dinner. We pulled in the driveway, and he said "drive all the way around the parking lot before we park so I can make sure that *man who mom is talking to* is not here" I was so saddened by this statement and in realizing that he does this EVERY time he goes anywhere now. Gas station, grocery store, walmart, restaurant, you name it. What has he been reduced to? This is destroying him and I can't help him. 


In other family news, my brother and I are not talking. (Yes I actually have a brother, most people are surprised by this because nobody knows him) This is what happened....
My sister and niece asked me on Saturday if I wanted to go to Davids Bridal with them to look for wedding dresses and of course I jumped all over that. I met them and they asked me to drive because it was hot and sis' cars AC is less than par. We get there just before 4 and I realize that I am supposed to pick up G from her dad around 5ish. So I text her dad and ask if its ok if I'm later. He says no, they have movie tickets. Well I can't just leave my sis and niece to go get her and my husband didnt have a carseat for our 3yr old in his Jeep, so I called (reluctantly) my mom. She was with her friend on her way to the blues festival. No luck. Finally I ask dad. When I call he says he is sitting there with my bro and his wife. I say will you guys maybe go get G from her dad, I am stuck in Fairview and can't get there soon enough for him to make his movie. Dad agrees and off he goes. 
I am leaving Davids Bridal by now just after 515pm and we are all loading in my SUV when my brother calls me. He asked me why dad has to go get my kid. I tell him briefly that I am in Fairview with sis and niece and that my ex needed me there asap, so I asked dad to go. He proceeded to yell at me saying, among other things, that I "using dad while he is going thru this mess with mom" "so you would have had to leave the mall sooner, oh WELL" I need to "grow up and pick up my own damn kids and stop using mom and dad to take care of my kids" along with a whole list of other insults!
Obviously, this was daggers to me. I cherish my relationships with my siblings and my brother and I have NEVER argued really. I tell him that I have been the one there for dad the whole time all this is going on, being a go between for everyone who needs informed on how he is doing...blah blah, but this doesn't seem to register with him. The call ended with my hanging up on him as I was driving and needed to not be so upset. Hanging up only stopped the further pain, but my heart had already been punctured and I bawled all the way home, all the way to pick up G from my dad (who was even more upset that all this was happening to his family) and pretty much up until J and I went to bed together at 11pm that evening. I was simply unable to stop myself. It was horrible. 
Yesterday I was at my dads picking up my niece and girls from swimming, and my other niece (brothers daughter) was there too. They both wanted to come over and sleep over that night, and I said of course! I ended up only with one tho, because my brother wouldn't let my other niece anywhere near me. SO on top of my parents falling apart, now I am dealing with a damaged sibling relationship and that may hurt as much. Prayers for all this would be totally appreciated and I'll keep you updated on what goes on from here. I need to quit talking about it tonight because its making me upset again just thinking about it again. Night all. Love!

0 comments: